Our mission is to empower 5000 Connecticut residents to take action on their health and fitness by 2015. We are looking for like-minded, inspired coaches who share our passion to change people’s lives.
As a team here at M.E.L.T. Workout we pledge to provide the finest customer service and a positive, welcoming environment for members who will always enjoy an upbeat and unique experience. The M.E.L.T. Workout experience excites the soul, challenges the body and the mind and fulfills a sense of personal accomplishment after every workout.
We have grown a cultural of excitement, energy and helping others that every member of our team must uphold.
Title of Position: Assistant CoachMission of Assistant Coach: Work as closely with your location’s Chief C.A.R.E Officer to ensure the members you work with receive the best possible experience. You will be called on to coach assessments, our corporate group training experiences, in home members, one on one’s, personal training, small group and large group personal training experiences. As a member of our team, you are expected to attend company in services, webinars, celebrations, community outreach activities and company retreat.
Assistant Coach Must Have’s
- Deep care and passion to help people
- Willingness to be coached
- Commitment to continued education
- Above average coaching and fitness knowledge
- Athletically minded
- You must live the code! This means currently working out 3 or more days a week and eating right 80% of the time
- Extraordinary proven leadership capabilities
- Team oriented – at M.E.L.T. Workout Studio we work together to make the pie bigger for everyone and help each other out.
- Willingness to volunteer
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic written communication and computer skills (working knowledge of MS Office – Word and Excel )
- Extraordinary member experience, organizational and time management skills
A Day in the Life of Assistant Coach
- Delivering a top notch experience in every session
- Going out of your way to make our members and potential members feel welcomed and excited about working out
- Live by M.E.L.T. Workout Studio’s gold standard and company motto
- Under the direction of the Chief C.A.R.E. Officer or Owner, performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Program design (once granted permission by C.A.R.E. officer)
- Performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request, under the direction of the Chief C.A.R.E. Officer
- Educates members and potential members on our product, community and culture
- Active communication with our members and fans on our facebook page
Assistant Coach Working Day (hours)The Assistant Coach works a 10-40 hour workweek (up to 6 days) consisting of coaching, member relationships and various other tasks.
Self Development/Learning (Growth)All of our M.E.L.T. Workout Studio coaches must be committed to constant growth in fitness, nutrition, business, coaching, human anatomy and other health or sport related areas.
After you complete your 90 Day Paid Apprentice Program, you will be eligible for company sponsored education credits and full time benefits (if you are hired fulltime).
Full Time Benefits
- Monthly 401k contributions
- Health Insurance (pending)
- Seminar admittance and paid travel (at least 2 per year)
- Company Sponsored education credits
- Company in services (free of charge or at a reduced rate)
- Company retreat invitation for two
90 Day Paid Apprentice ProgramEach new hire must go through this process:
- The Technical Job Training Program - this is position-dependent but is a structured program for teaching a new hire the “how to” aspects of his or her job tasks
- Weekly Semi-Formal Meetings - at a MINIMUM, the manager should be meeting with the apprentice once a week to discuss the position; semi-formal means that the meeting should be scheduled and mandatory but should be otherwise unstructured
- Formal performance reviews at 30 and 60 days and a final review at 90 days
If interested, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write a small description about yourself and attach your resume.
We'll be in touch with you soon.