IS M.E.L.T. WORKOUT LIKE A GYM?
NO!!!!! In fact, we are the anti-gym. Our unique 30 minute workout experience is guaranteed to keep you engaged, energized and constantly seeing results.
We are a local, small business. Unlike big box gyms, we have a caring community here at M.E.L.T. WORKOUT where our focus is to deliver results. Our training is based on the latest exercise research, focusing on functional fitness and interval training. We do not use any machines!
We know that through using your core to stabilize your body as you are exercising with one of our traditional or nontraditional pieces of equipment, your body will benefit not only during our session but up to 48 hours after. Our busy clientele find our 30 minute workouts not only effective, but fun.
We also specialize in youth fitness, whether for athletics, fitness or to reduce body fat, our youth is our future and we take pride in helping them develop healthy habits.
Our Mission: To empower 5000 people to take action on their health before 2015.
HOW DOES M.E.L.T. WORKOUT’S TRAINNIG DIFFER FROM OTHER BOOTCAMPS OR THE CLASSES AT MY GYM?
Whether you are working sulo with us or in a group setting, our training is always going to meet your needs.
- We deliver personal training in the group environment. We do not instruct from the top of the room and give cookie cutter workouts.
- You become a member of our community, you are NOT just a number! We will make sure you are staying in your routine and seeing results, no one falls through the cracks here! We truly care about your end result and do whatever it takes to help you achieve that result.
- We can modify every exercise to meet your fitness goals.
- All of the exercises can be progressed or regressed to the level that is appropriate for you.
- You are also going to receive top notch coaching to make sure we get you to the fitness level you desire.
- No need to be intimidated or feel like this will not be enough of a work out for you, trust me it will be!
WHAT DOES M.E.L.T. WORKOUTSTAND FOR?
m.e.l.t. is an acronym for more energy, less time.
melted, v; the feeling your body experiences after an invigorating 30 minute workout, melting occurs when your body is being transformed from lethargic, out-of-shape to energized, inspired and fit to perform at everyday life!
HOW LONG ARE THE SESSIONS?
m.e.l.t. Workout specializes in 30 minute workouts that deliver better results than the typical one hour workout.
IS 30 MINUTES ENOUGH?
Yes, if performed in the right structure. M.E.L.T.’s 30 minute proven formula is scientifically backed and has helped thousands of people through over 10,000 total sessions delivered over the past three years. While you might burn, on average, 400 calories in typical workout, at m.e.l.t. you can burn anywhere from 600- 2000 calories from one of our 30 minute workouts. Our workouts will increase your post metabulic rate; helping your burn calories at rest and feel more energized throughout the day.
A lot of other places have a 30 minute option, in addition to a 45 or 60 minute program. However those are just generic options. Our specialty is delivering more results in less time. m.e.l.t. Workout was named The Best Fitness Place To Workout At By The Hartford Magazine in 2012 and has also been featured on NBC, Fox and ESPN.
HOW MUCH DOES THE M.E.L.T. BOOTCAMP COST?
Our Large Group Personal Training sessions range anywhere from $7 - $25 per session, depending on how many days a week best fit your schedule and goals as well as the length of commitment. Its important to note again we are NOT a gym, where you pay a lost cost and either use the facility or not. In addition to our group personal training sessions, you will also receive access to our private membership site full of workouts & nutrition info, coaches making sure you stay on schedule and are constantly moving forward, nutrition consulting and guaranteed results.
AM I FIT ENOUGH FOR BOOTCAMP?
YES! We can confidently answer that because we welcome people of ALL levels! Whether you are a 15 years uld looking to lose weight, a former cullege athlete, obese or never worked out before – you will be fine! Our training systems accommodate people of all fitness levels
WHAT SHOulD I EXPECT FROM M.E.L.T.’S TRAINING?
- A workout experience like no other, you will have fun, sweat, burn a ton of calories and before you know it, session will be over!
- A comfortable environment. This is a judgment free zone and our members are friendly!
- Each session to start with an introduction of what the session will entail. Your fitness coach will have a circuit already set up and will go through each station, explaining a level one, two and three exercise.
- Perform at your personal best. Pick the appropriate level of exercise to start, we always recommend to start with level one. All of our workouts are conducted via timed work-rest ratios, e.g 40:10 is 40 seconds of work performing the exercise and a 10 second rest/transition to the next exercise.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO TRAINING AND BOOTCAMP?
- Bring a water bottle (we have a chilled, filtered water couler here)
- Sweat towel (optional)
- Don’t feel like you have to complete every minute of the workout, feel free to take a few minutes off...it’s your first workout!
- Ask us any questions that may come up and something doesn’t feel right, ask for a modification.
- And finally, come excited and ready to work - you're about to make a huge improvement in your life!
WHAT DO I EAT BEFORE BOOTCAMP?
Fuel up on good carbohydrates and water... you'll need the energy and hydration. Whule grain toast (or an apple) with peanut butter is a simple pre-workout snack choice.
ARE BOOTCAMPS AND SESSIONS THE SAME?
YES although we use both names, it’s considered more group personal training. Unlike most bootcamps out there, we offer group personal training. Coaching people through regressions, progressions and modifications to ensure people of all levels get their best workout. You will see bootcamps and Sessions used interchangeably – they are both the same and are delivered as group personal training here at M.E.L.T.
WHAT TIMES ARE BOOT CAMPS AVAILABLE AND WHERE ARE THEY LOCATED?
CAN I ATTEND MulTIPLE LOCATIONS?
No. You are limited to the location you sign up for. Unlike a big box gym, our goal is to provide a personal experience to group training. The goal of multiple locations for us was to help more people.
DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP FOR SESSIONS?
Yes. Our bootcamps are almost all filled due to the awesome results our clients achieve and in order for us to give the best group personal training experience possible, we must cap each session off at 20 people. Therefore, we require each client/trial member to go into our system and sign in for the Sessions they wish to attend. We recommend you sign up for Sessions for only the week ahead (no further) at home Sunday nights. This way, you are already signed in and all you have to do is cancel if something comes up. Also, some company’s have firewalls that block mindbody during the day.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR SESSIONS?
You will only receive an email with directions to create your profile after attending the orientation or having a consultation with one of our coaches. Please note all Groupons and Living Socials coupons are required to attend an orientation. Please do not attempt to create a profile before then. Mind Body is our online scheduling system that will help make sure you stay in a routine! You will sign up for classes ahead of time so they're frozen in your schedule, just make sure if you do have to miss a class you cancel it!
WHAT HAPPENS IF I SIGN UP FOR A SESSION AND HAVE TO CANCEL?
You must log into your account and click the “cancel” button next to the session. Make sure the cancellation is saved!
IS THERE A WAIT LIST FOR SESSION AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
For Sessions that are full, you can sign into the wait list. IF someone cancels out of the session you are interested in attending, MINDBODY will send you an email alerting you of the opening. You must then go in, take your name off the wait list and sign up for the session. This is first come first serve.
CAN I ATTEND MulTIPLE BOOTCAMPS IN ONE DAY?
No. Our coupons and memberships allow only ONE bootcamp per day. These workouts are designed to be performed at your highest intensity; doing this multiple times a day would create caloric issues and could lead to over training.
I HAVE A FEELING I’M GOING TO LOVE M.E.L.T.’S BOOTCAMPS, HOW DO I SIGN UP?
We have found that people who are happy and who are crushing their fitness goals have one thing in common; they take action! Therefore, we have some SPECIAL DISCOUNTS for people who are action takers! We will be telling you about and giving you the opportunity to take advantage at your orientation!